Location: Hesse, Germany
Ref: ALS 2189
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Research Technician to join a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer in Germany to provide in vivo studies and support for animal husbandry. We are looking for an adventurous individual, who would like to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months. Full assistance with travel and accommodation will be provided.
- Experience in performing in vivo procedures, including experience in subcutaneous, intraabdominal and intracerebral applications
- Home Office Licence modules 1-4, or equivalent FELASA category B
- Experience in animal technology and husbandry of common laboratory animal species including rodents
- Speaking and reading German is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing in vivo procedures, including subcutaneous, intraabdominal, intracerebral and intramuscular applications
- Assisting with efficacy testing of rabies, TBE, diphtheria and tetanus
- Daily animal husbandry, including preparation and changing of cages, feeding and watering, and health checks
- Ensuring that animals are maintained to the highest standards
- Monitoring health status of all animals via observation and with reference to regular health reports
- Cleaning and maintenance of rooms, laboratory equipment, and waste management
- Support the every day working routine of the facility
- Willingness to be trained for the necessary SOPs and work according to these requirements
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.