Senior Animal Technician
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000
Ref: ALS 2236
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Animal Technician to work within their rodent Biological Services Units. The successful candidate will be an additional resource and essential member of the team, supporting the day-to-day care and husbandry of animals and the operational needs of a multitude of research projects.
- Animal technology qualification, ideally MIAT or equivalent
- Home Office Licenses modules A-C is essential
- Understanding and knowledge of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act (ASPA) 1986
- Experience of regulated procedures and PK studies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively use personal license under Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act (ASPA) 1986 including dosing in three main routes and a wide range of procedures
- Meticulous record keeping, such as animal and laboratory records both on paper and database systems and participate in internal audit processes to check adherence to record-keeping systems
- Husbandry and animal care of rodents in the Biological Service Units, ensuring the highest levels of animal welfare and culture of care at all times
- Maintenance of breeding colonies and accurate record keeping of rodent breeding programmes
- Be involved in surgery support and post-operative care of rodents
- Adhere with H&S regulations and assist in H&S management under direction of the Lab Manager(s)
- Participate in the out of hour’s BSU rota and be part of the on-call rota for emergencies
- Support the research of staff and others working with them
- Assist in formulation
- Sample collection.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.