Senior In Vivo Study Director
Ref: ALS 2237
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior In Vivo Study Director to support drug discovery and development projects in their preclinical facility. The successful candidate is required to be the Home Office Project Licence Holder for Pharmacology and Toxicology studies.
- PhD and relevant experience of in vivo Toxicology assays, or a BSc/MSc with extensive experience working in a contract research organisation
- Home Office Personal Licence modules 1-5
- Project Licence experience is essential
- Previous experience of study directing in Pharmacology and Toxicology studies is desirable, but candidates who have significant research experience in this field will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a scientific specialist and subject matter expert for in vivo assays (PK, TK single or multiple dose studies)
- Be responsible as Study Director for allocated studies as described in company policies and SOPs. Take responsibility for the technical conduct of any study as well as data analysis, interpretation, documentation and reporting of results
- Plan, design and lead a team to conduct complex studies to generate high quality scientific results on behalf of clients
- Manage multiple department functions: sample scheduling, department capacity/metrics, animal ordering/animal colony, training, etc.
- Play a key role in developing and marketing new strategies and techniques for new of improved service offerings
- Monitor critical issues in the area of speciality and keep up to date on regulatory thinking
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.