Senior In Vivo Study Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Ref: ALS 2103
Our client, a specialist in Toxicology services are currently recruiting an In Vivo Senior Study Director for their Preclinical facility in Dundee. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in toxicology, and will be required to plan and lead complex studies on behalf of clients of this organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a scientific specialist and Subject Matter Expert for in vivo assays (DRF, MTD, PK, 7, 14, 28D toxicity studies) within the Department of Toxicology
- Be responsible as Study Director for allocated studies as described in GLP and Company policies and take responsibility for the technical conduct of any study as well as data analysis, interpretation, documentation and reporting of results
- Plan, design and lead a team to conduct complex studies to generate high quality scientific results on behalf of Concept Life Sciences clients.
- In this role you will be responsible for managing multiple department functions including: Sample scheduling, Department capacity / metrics, Animal ordering /Animal colony, GMP library (archiving), training, etc
- Play a key role in developing and marketing new strategies, techniques for new or improved service offerings
- Monitor critical issues in the area of specialty and keep up to date on regulatory thinking
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- This position is suitable for a candidate possessing a PhD with relevant experience of Toxicology assays, or for a graduate or MSc level candidate with extensive experience within a Contract Research Organisation
- Home Office Licence 1-4 is essential
- Previous experience of GLP Study Directing in Toxicology studies is a necessary requirement. Applications from candidates who have significant research experience in this field are also welcome.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.