Senior Research Technician
Salary: Dependent on experience
Ref: ALS 2204
A research facility that delivers solutions to some of the world’s toughest health care issues is currently seeking a Senior Research Technician to assist with the expansion of their highly successful Neuroscience Team based in Surrey.
- Previous experience in an in-vivo work-related background
- Home Office Personal Licence modules 1-4 is essential
- Educated to Degree level in a Biological Science is desirable, although candidates who demonstrate previous experience in behavioural neuroscience and behavioural studies will also be considered as this would be advantageous
- Motivated to further education in the field of neuroscience
- Ability to work unsupervised and assist junior colleagues
- Computer literate, and able to learn the use of in-house software
- An interest in assisting in the discovery of new and improved patient therapies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Running a team involved in in-vivo experiments, in accordance with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986. This may include Operant tasks, and collection of Electrophysiological data
- Supervision of the team of scientists running in-vivo experiments
- Daily management and development of staff members, setting objectives and giving fair reviews
- Design of experiments
- Collection, review, and analysis of experimental data
- Formulation and administration of compounds
- Assisting with the development and validation of existing and novel experimental assays
- Maintaining experimental animals, rooms and equipment
- Taking part in team discussions around current scientific work
- Our Clients work can change, while remaining in Neuroscience, the post holder may be required to re-train into areas of expertise that they do not currently work in. In these instances, training and assistance will be provided.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.