Senior Research Technician
Salary: £28,660 - £34,189
Ref: ALS 2251
Our client is looking for a Senior Research Technician to join a team in Oxford supporting a research programme in Regenerative Medicine. The successful candidate will be adaptable, keen to learn new techniques, and continue their professional development throughout the length of the contract.
This is a fixed-term position until September 2021. The closing date for applications is Friday 21st June.
- A first-class degree in a life science discipline, or equivalent experience
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence, or be capable of obtaining a licence with relevant authority to conduct required procedures
- Previous experience working with animals in a scientific environment
- A good understanding of service provision in a research environment
- Experience of surgical models in rodents is desirable
- Cell culture, microscopy and image analysis experience is advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform surgical procedures required to create rodent models of cardiac disease, injury and repair. A full period of training will be provided, after which it is expected that the post holder will perform the surgery independently and gain ‘Trainer Status’, in line with Home Office legislative requirements
- Responsible for training other members of staff and immediate team in surgical techniques This will include management, supervision and efficient planning of training schedules.
- Post-operative care of animals who have undergone surgical procedures and assessment in line with the Home Office Licence regulations and personal licence requirements.
- Colony Management and ensuring accurate data is maintained
- Process samples in line with surgical procedures
- Contribution to other on-going research projects in accordance with experience and grade.
- Oral presentation of work at group meetings, general laboratory maintenance, e.g. ordering consumables, preparation of buffers etc.
- Manage own research and administrative activities, within guidelines provided by senior colleagues
- Keep up to date with and advise on matters relating to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Health and Safety, COSHH sheets and other regulations relevant to the post.
To apply for this role, please follow the link below and click on ‘Apply Now’:
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.