Salary: £24,776 - £41,536
Ref: ALS 2257
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Scientist to provide flexible support to postdoctoral research during periods of leave. When cover is not required, the post holder will be based at a transgenic facility to provide high-level technical support including molecular biology, cell culture, and in vivo models.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 23rd June.
- BSc in biochemistry, cell biology, genetics or related subject
- Experience in cell culture, and cellular or molecular biology
- Working experience with mouse models, specifically with in vivo cancer models
- Knowledge of transgenic technologies and gene targeting
- Ability to design experiments and interpret results
- Willingness to learn new experimental techniques
Duties when working in transgenic facility
- Execute molecular biology and cell culture techniques
- Conduct mouse surgical and experimental procedures as required
- Develop novel protocols in conjunction with the facility manager
- Make observations and keep accurate records of all the procedures and protocols performed at the facility
- Use established procedures and develop new approaches, acquire new skills as needed
- Share knowledge of techniques and procedures for the benefit of others
- To perform any other functions consistent with the position and nature of the post.
Duties when supporting a research group
- Design and execute experiments
- Prepare project reports and data for presentations at project meetings and prepare manuscripts for publication as required
- Prioritise own workload to agreed timelines and keep the Group Leader informed of project progress at all times
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.