Senior Scientist - Dermal
Ref: ALS 2226
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Scientist to lead the Dermal services platform within an in vitro pharmacology/toxicology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all activities relating to dermal services, with the role evolving into direct line management of junior colleagues.
- BSc in a biological subject or equivalent experience is essential, and a MSc or PhD is desirable
- Good knowledge of in vitro dermal services
- Demonstratable experience of acting as GLP study director for in vitro studies
- Knowledge of market conditions, opportunities, and competition is desirable
- Influencing and negotiation skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resource, plan and aid in the execution of the in vitro dermal services platform
- Act as Study Director for regulatory and non-regulatory studies
- In conjunction with the assay development functions, develop and validate additional dermal assays to broaden the dermal services range
- Act as mentor to less experienced members of the organisation
- Author and assist in the review of SOPs and other business process documents
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working
- Contribute to and author scientific publications
- Maintenance of designated equipment including dermal penetration rigs, tissue culture facilities and liquid scintillation equipment
- Communicate effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity
- Act as an ambassador for the business and company values.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.