Service Support Technician
Salary: £21,820 - £24,700
Ref: ALS 2248
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Service Support Technician to work with state-of-the-art equipment in a cage wash facility providing cage processing, autoclaving of equipment and supplies, and waste management. The successful candidate will be mechanically minded and required to carry out maintenance of robotics machinery.
This is a temp to perm role.
- GCSE level or equivalent in 5 subjects with at least one science subject
- Experience of handling equipment/machinery in accordance with SOPs and manufacturers’ instruction is desirable
- Empathy for animals, whilst holding an ethical view of using laboratory animals to support medical research
- An understanding of health and safety requirements within the workplace is essential
- Previous experience keeping records, such as completing worksheets and log books
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of used cages and equipment through the cleaning process to supply clean and sterilised equipment to animal holding areas in accordance with SOP’s
- Become familiar with all service area equipment and services, to include the operation, routine maintenance and fault finding, ensuring the Service Support Supervisor is appraised of any problems or defects
- To maintain cage wash area in excellent condition, carrying out routine cleaning of both equipment and area
- Receive and accommodate external contractors undertaking servicing and maintenance of all cage wash associated equipment
- Maintenance of excellent hygiene procedures and bio-containment conditions
- Assist Supervisor in the monitoring of consumable stocks and storage areas advising on stock replacement
- Provide support to animal technicians pertaining to their clean cage and bottle requirements
- Any other duties appropriate to the role as required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.