Service Technician Supervisor
Salary: £22,214 - £25,728
Ref: ALS 2102
On behalf of our client, a world leading academic institute, we are looking to recruit a Service Technician Supervisor to be responsible for overseeing a team of technicians, and coordinating ancillary support to their barrier animal facilities.
The post holder will be required to work alternate shifts, day and evening to ensure both shifts work routines are optimum
- A proven track record of previously working within a supervisory role
- Confident in the use of and first line maintenance of large equipment
- Previous experience of working in an animal facility or research environment is desirable
- GCSE’s grade A-C in English, Maths and a Science subject
- A supervisory or management qualification is desirable
- Ability to communicate efficiently at all levels and motivate staff together with the ability to manage a team with tact and diplomacy
- Be willing to undertake further training
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organise and co-ordinate the ancillary (cage wash) area to maintain the clean and dirty flow of cages and used items
- Responsible for: maintaining standards of cage and bottle preparation, rack and equipment cleaning; good housekeeping and cleanliness of ancillary areas; delegating the collection and distribution of laundry
- Liaise regularly with animal staff supervisors/co-ordinators to establish animal/research requirements, adjust ancillary area activities to meet these needs
- Be familiar with and organise maintenance of all service area equipment and services, to include – operation, routine maintenance, fault finding and training others in the use of all ancillary associated equipment
- Works alternate shifts day and evening to ensure both shifts work routines are optimum; actively work with senior animal staff to integrate service area with animal areas – aim of both units is to meet animal and research needs
- Supervise the service team and all associated health, welfare and working practices
- Be responsible for work allocation and quality of work. Formulate rota for fair distribution of tasks
- Train, monitor and supervise staff in correct working procedures to ensure no cross contamination
- Regularly update and produce appropriate standard operating procedures to ensure quality and Health and Safety standards are maintained
- Any other duties appropriate to the role or the grade that the Deputy Director/Bio Facility Manager or authorised Deputy may identify to facilitate the smooth running of the Institute.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.