Salary: £32,628 - £36,662
Ref: ALS 2133
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Study Director to manage and coordinate in-vivo experimental studies and provide appropriate study support for those working within the in-vivo research environment.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between two sites, one based in Central London and one based in South London.
- Relevant experience working in an animal facility
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence 1-4
- Proven experience in cancer in-vivo modelling including imaging and large cohort animal studies
- Basic in‐vitro techniques such as cell culture and cell preparation will be essential
- Experience liaising with Home Office inspectors and Named Veterinary Surgeons
- Experience in training licence holders in a range of regulated procedures
- Ability to produce concise, accurate written material such as study plans and protocols
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work in conjunction with the Head of BSU to coordinate and manage, including allocation of technical resources, in-vivo experimental procedures on behalf of and in liaison with all research teams in ICR
- Liaison with researchers to plan and acquire full details of individual studies from concept to completion.
- To facilitate completion of cross site studies in the BSU and provision of data, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Developing and utilising the skill base in the BSU team in collaboration with the NTCO
- Allocation of licenced technologists in conjunction with the BSU managers to ensure appropriate workloads are maintained.
- Manage and coordinate receipt of tissues, cells and other in-vivo materials, including screening profiles and preparation for implantation.
- To foster a collaborative cross site research community
- To advise on and implement best practice for achieving optimum results in line with the 3R’s
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.