Temporary Laboratory Technician
Ref: CT 27
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit Laboratory Technicians to assist in the daily running of laboratories across varied scientific fields and to liaise with researchers and external clients.
This is a temporary role, with full-time and part-time positions available.
- BSc in life sciences or related subject, or extensive laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience in laboratory techniques, for example cell culture, PCR, western blot, flow cytometry, ELISA or LC-MS and chemical synthesis
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform to a high standard
- Able to plan time effectively and work independently on assigned tasks and in small teams
Duties and Responsibilities
- Main responsibilities will be assisting in the day to day running of the lab, carrying out wet lab techniques and other duties as required
- Liaising with researchers and external clients
- Maintaining laboratory equipment, both simple cleaning and low maintenance, reporting any faults so they may be rectified quickly and ensuring that the laboratory is tidy, safe and well-stocked with consumables
- Writing and maintaining both manual and computer records of all procedures undertaken such that work can subsequently be followed up, reported or interrogated to identify errors/faults for troubleshooting
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.