Temporary Laboratory Technician
Ref: CT 27
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to assist in the daily running of a lab and to liaise with researchers and external clients.
This is a temporary position.
- BSc in life sciences or related subject
- Hands-on experience in laboratory techniques, such as tissue sampling, PCR, gel electrophoresis and western blotting
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform to a high standard
- Able to plan time effectively and work independently on assigned tasks and in small teams
Duties and Responsibilities
- Main responsibilities will be assisting in the day to day running of the lab, carrying out wet lab techniques and other duties as required
- Liaising with researchers and external clients
- Maintain laboratory equipment, both simple cleaning and low maintenance, reporting any faults to the manager so they may be rectified quickly and ensure that the laboratory is tidy, safe and well-stocked with consumables
- Write and maintain both manual and computer records of all procedures undertaken such that work can subsequently be followed up, reported or interrogated in order to identify errors/faults for trouble shooting
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.