Temporary Research Technician
Salary: £24,285 - £27,285
Ref: ALS 2197
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Temporary Research Technician to establish in vivo experimental models of breast cancer with the aim of identifying and characterising targets and associated biomarkers for breast cancer treatment.
This is a temporary position for 3 months.
- Hold a Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- BSc in biological sciences, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with in vivo research, and knowledge of breast cancer in vivo models is desirable
- Skills in various dosing techniques, including oral gavage, intravenous and intraperitoneal injection
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques, including surgical implant techniques and tissue culture
- Interest in cancer research
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in vivo research at the highest ethical standard under the direction of direct supervisors
- Participate in research projects developing novel therapies for breast cancer and subsequently treating/dosing in vivo breast cancer models to prepare data for publication
- Participate in research projects involving transgenic models, cell line xenograft and patient derived xenotransplant (PDX) models, and tumour model imaging
- Assist in the maintenance of tumour resources including tumour disaggregation, and generation of new samples for engraftment
- Collection of data for these research projects and analysis of datasets
- Generate research reports for experiments carried out
- Liaise with research colleagues, support staff, and administrative team for the support of the research
- To undertake any other duties required which are consistent with the nature and grade of the post.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.