Salary: £37,412 - £44,015 (including London weighting)
Ref: ALS 2212
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Transgenic Technologist to carry out the breeding, rederivation, and cryopreservation of laboratory animals. The successful candidate will be prepared to work on multiple projects, and be well organised, self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 21st April.
- Animal technology qualification, ideally to MIAT or equivalent
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence
- Significant experience of working in a biological services unit
- Experience with murine embryo transfer, IVF, sperm freezing, and microinjection
- Knowledge of breeding techniques, anaesthesia, euthanasia, and removal of bodily fluids
- Understanding of the principles and methods of biosecurity and containment
- The ability to identify ill health or abnormal behaviour, communicating clearly and recording as appropriate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the general husbandry and breeding of animals, timed matings, pseudopregnant mating, embryo isolation and rederivation, leading to cryopreservation, blastocyst and pronuclear injection
- Harvest spermatozoa and ova to produce embryos by in vitro fertilisation or other assisted reproductive technologies
- Develop, maintain, and monitor animal breeding programmes, liaising with licensees as required
- Organise and provide in-house media preparation to facilitate embryo handling and IVF techniques
- Liaise with research staff using the biological services unit in order to ensure that the appropriate services are offered, and to assist in the provision of these services
- Ensure the unit operates in an efficient and dynamic manner, prioritising tasks allocated to staff, and provide information to management
- Participate in the Biological Services training programmes
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.