Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Ref: ALS 2235
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Transgenic Technician to carry out the breeding of laboratory animals. The successful candidate will be prepared to work on multiple projects, and be well organised, self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail.
- Animal technology qualification, ideally to MIAT or equivalent
- Hold a Home Office Licence modules A-C is essential
- Significant experience of working in a biological services unit
- Experience of breeding animals
- Knowledge of breeding techniques, anaesthesia, euthanasia, and removal of bodily fluids
- Understanding of the principles and methods of biosecurity and containment
- The ability to identify ill health or abnormal behaviour, communicating clearly and recording as appropriate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General husbandry
- Breeding of animals, timed matings, pseudopregnant mating, embryo isolation, genotyping and assisting with rederivation
- Develop, maintain, and monitor animal breeding programmes, liaising with clients as required
- Use of Animal Management system to keep breeding statistics etc.
- Support the research of staff and others working with them
- Adhere with H&S regulations and assist in H&S management under direction of the Lab Manager(s)
- Participate in the out of hour’s BSU rota and be part of the on-call rota for emergencies
- Any other duties as required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.