Location: Cambridge Salary: £18,500 Ref: ALS 2459Apply Here
Agenda has a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Animal Technician to work in our facility based in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be joining our facility management team to support the daily care, welfare, and environmental enrichment of laboratory animals. The successful applicant will have previous experience working with animals and will be expected to undergo further training and development in the role.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals.
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity is essential
- Husbandry experience with rodents is beneficial.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask and work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills.
- Willingness to undertake training in accordance with Home Office requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily animal husbandry duties, including provision of food and water, changing cages, and maintaining high levels of hygiene for each animal.
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks and report anomalies as required.
- Keeping accurate records and inputting data onto computer systems.
- Cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the unit, working to a high standard of cleanliness and health and safety at all times.
- Liaising with researchers and experimental staff.
- Understand compliance with Home Office regulations.
- Be flexible in supporting the team, overtime is required on a rota system to care for the welfare of the animals on weekends and bank holidays.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.