LOCATION: Manchester SALARY: £17,896 – £18,959 REF: CT 110
Position: Junior Animal Technician
Salary: £17,896 – £18,959
Reference: CT 110
Agenda is looking to recruit an Junior Animal Technician to join their team and help contribute to the facility’s technical excellence and successful operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for animal welfare and husbandry of the animals within their care and supporting the research staff.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- You must have practical experience, having cared for animals in a work or voluntary capacity
- Have a versatile working attitude
- Be able to travel and be away from home when required
Duties and Responsibilities
- General husbandry, including feeding, watering, preparation and changing of cages
- Medical examinations
- Maintain detailed, accurate records regarding breeding, health, welfare and environmental checks
- Adhere to Home Office guidelines and the Animal Scientific Procedures Act 1986
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.