Location: Leicestershire Salary: Up to £18,000 Ref: ALS 2501Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Junior Animal Technician to assist with daily animal husbandry and provide support for Licensed Animal Technicians This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to pursue a career in a laboratory environment to learn new skills and receive further development and training.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Previous experience within an animal facility would be ideal, although we will offer full training to the right person.
- Recognised qualification from either an Animal Care or scientific background
- Strong empathy with animals – this is at the heart of everything we do.
- Good communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Understanding of the organisation and the work performed on site.
- Conscientious and professional attitude
- Strong focus on both customer and quality
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all animal husbandry and procedural records/data are up to date and accurate.
- Carrying out daily tasks which include temperature monitoring, animal checks and general housekeeping within the department.
- Providing exceptional care to our animals, carrying out animal husbandry including: Provision of adequate fresh food and water, Provision of environmental enrichment, Ensuring enclosures and cages are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Providing weekend and bank holiday cover to ensure our animals are cared for 365 days per year.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.