Location: Oxford Salary: £17,379 Ref: ALS 2410Apply Here
On behalf of our client, a company who are established experts in the field of specialist cleaning, we are looking to recruit a part time Laboratory Cleaner, to work from 16:00hrs – 20:00hrs 4 days per week. The successful applicant will be expected to work to an organised cleaning schedule and will be responsible for the quality of the cleaning in their allocated areas. These areas could contain a combination of laboratories and other scientific environments, including pharmaceutical production areas.
The post holder will be required to operate mechanical equipment (training provided), which involves light lifting, and there is a requirement to maintain accurate cleaning records. Training and equipment are supplied, and the post holder will be responsible for maintaining the equipment in good working condition.
- Extremely professional, customer friendly and amenable
- The candidate must have the ability to attend various locations within the Oxford area and must have a flexible approach to working hours (late afternoons/evenings)
- Reliability under pressure
- Good communicator
- GCSE or equivalent level of literacy
- Able to document and maintain records accurately
- Experience cleaning in an industry, hospital or academic based environment is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of manual handling techniques is desirable
- Experience working to cleaning schedules and routines is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining laboratories and working areas as specified by the client and other specialist cleaning as required
- Cleaning laboratories, corridors and maintaining changing/locker areas
- Cleaning specialist areas
- Responsible for Health & Safety and Quality duties, which will include Health & Safety Responsibilities and Pro-active engagement with science users
- Following Biosafety procedures and notifying Biosafety id procedures are not followed
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.