Location: Bristol Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2422Apply Here
Our client, a global early-stage contract research organisation working in discovery and safety assessment, is looking for a motivated and pro-active Laboratory Manager to support a range of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in cell biology and pharmacology, within research areas such as immune-oncology, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases and infection. Projects range from early discovery to clinical trials.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, business, or marketing-related discipline
- Two or more years of laboratory experience in a contract research or pharmaceutical setting
- Two or more years of customer-service or related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proficient user for word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Excellent prioritisation based on departmental goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to occasionally work on site beyond normal working hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Line manage and supervise a core team of technicians, organising appropriate training and support to reach development goals
- Liaise with scientific teams to manage and provide appropriate training to the core team, in technical support of their projects, such as processing tissues and/or blood products, cell cultures and PCR testing, across microbiology and bioanalysis
- Maintain up-to-date training records for core team
- Manage logistics and maintenance of laboratory and office spaces, including distribution and calibration of a wide variety of equipment and instruments (External contractor)
- Generate relevant documentation in support of work studies
- Work with scientists and senior management to identify requirements and solutions
- Work with the regulatory team to ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.