Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2405Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to perform laboratory-based tasks for the metabolism department, in the conduct of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- BSc in Chemical or life science subjects
- Previous Laboratory experience is desirable
- Practical experience with or a strong theoretical understanding of GLP regulations is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General laboratory housekeeping as detailed in the Metabolism rota – to include washing of glassware, waste removal, stocking and reordering of laboratory reagents, calibration of all pipettes and balances, and radioactive monitoring
- Prepare general laboratory solutions including HPLC mobile phase, buffers, dose vehicles etc
- Set up appropriate study apparatus according to specific study plans and specific worksheets
- Perform routine Quantitative Radioactive Analysis (QRA) work for metabolism studies, as appropriate
- Perform variety of sample analysis methods, as assigned
- Conduct the experimental phases of in vitro, in vivo and environmental fate metabolism studies, as required
- Assist in the development of new techniques
- Record data and relay results to the appropriate personnel
- Support other members of staff in their work as appropriate or as directed by management
- Perform established analytical procedures.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.