LOCATION: Rushden SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2504Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to perform basic laboratory-based takes on Environmental Fate, Plant and Livestock Metabolism studies. The successful candidate will be required to prepare laboratory solutions and set up appropriate apparatus for studies, and undertake additional training as required.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, or related subject desirable.
- Previous laboratory experience with proficiency in basic lab techniques.
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work.
- Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives.
- Flexible to amend working pattern to meet study requirements, including on occasions early starts, long days, or weekend working.
- Commitment to self-development and learning and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Manufacturing Practice requirements whenever appropriate to work being undertaken.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping- to include washing of glassware, waste removal, stocking and reordering of laboratory reagents, calibration of pipettes and balances and radioactive monitoring.
- Prepare general laboratory solutions including HPLC mobile phase, buffers, and dose vehicles etc.
- Perform routine Quantitative Radioactive Analysis (QRA) work for metabolism studies as appropriate.
- Perform a variety of sample analysis methods.
- Set up appropriate study apparatus according to specific study plans and worksheets.
- Conduct the experimental phases of environmental fate, plant, and livestock metabolism studies, as required.
- Record data and relay results to the appropriate personnel, supporting other staff members in their work as required or directed by Management.
- Other general laboratory tasks, as applicable.
- Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.