Location: Leicestershire Salary: Up to £25,000 Ref: ALS 2428Apply Here
Our client, a leading CRO specialising in pre-clinical oncology research are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to join their in vivo laboratory team. The successful candidate will be required to perform experimental procedures on a range of projects and support the functioning of the in vivo laboratory and new drug development programs.
- Home Office Licence modules 1-3
- BSc in biological sciences or a relevant subject is advantageous
- Previous experience in an animal research facility
- Skills in various dosing techniques such as oral gavage, intravenous and intraperitoneal injection
- Knowledge of oncology models is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the running of oncology studies in mice, including daily care and husbandry tasks as well as licensed procedures
- Perform a wide range of dosing techniques including subcutaneous, intravenous, and intraperitoneal
- Working with oncology models taking tumour measurements and monitoring tumour conditions
- Conducting daily health and welfare checks of the animals and keeping accurate records
- Responsible for the stock take and ordering of essential consumable items and reagents
- Liaise with research colleagues, support staff, and administrative team for the support of the research
- Assist with the general housekeeping and maintenance of the laboratory
- To undertake any other duties required which are consistent with the nature and grade of the post.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.