Location: East Yorkshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2329Apply Here
Our client, an established breeding facility, are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to work within their team and contribute towards the care and welfare of a variety of animals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the husbandry and breeding of laboratory animals and will undertake all work in accordance with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence
- Previous experience of working with (and handling) animals large and small
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the use of animals in a breeding or research environment
- Self-motivated, flexible approach to work and to participate in weekend/cover rota
- Familiarity with Excel, Word and database systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily animal husbandry duties, including feeding, watering, cage cleaning and animal observations
- Implement basic animal breeding systems, and assist with the breeding, weaning, sexing, counting and weighing of animals
- Use Home Office Personal Licence to carry out experimental procedures when required
- Euthanasia of animals as required by schedule 1 methods
- Completion of all relevant departmental records, including day books, production data reports and stock availability records
- Notify Area Supervisor regarding any suspected or recorded problems in relation to animal welfare or facility environment
- Cleaning and maintaining animal rooms and associated areas and reporting of the animal facility environment
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the production and use of animals in a breeding and supplying establishment or research environment.
- Provide weekend and out of hours cover as and when required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.