LOCATION: Cheshire SALARY: From £18,278 REF: ALS 2538Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to assist with regulated and non-regulated procedures and support the day-to-day husbandry and welfare of laboratory rodents. The successful candidate will have previous experience in animal technology and understanding of routine experimental techniques.
This is a fixed-term contract until 31st December 2022.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including English, Maths, and Science, or equivalent experience.
- Current or previous holder of a Home Office Licence A-B.
- Experience in laboratory animal technology.
- Good understanding of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
- Experience conducting routine scientific procedures is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of oncology is beneficial.
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out the daily feeding, watering, cleaning, and general care of laboratory animals.
- As a Personal Licensee, undertake non-regulated and regulated procedures and techniques.
- Make observations, keep accurate records, and input data into computer programmes.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in animal technology, recommends and implement welfare improvements in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions.
- Commit to the rota for weekend and bank holiday cover as required.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.