Location: Central London Salary: £23,000 – £27,000 Ref: CT 60Apply Here
Agenda Life Sciences, the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector and we are seeking a Licensed Animal Technician to provide support to our client covering a period of maternity leave.
As a Licenced Animal Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of service and be expected to follow key animal care protocols in order to ensure the welfare of all animals within the research facility.
- Home Office Personal Licence modules A, B is essential
- Home Office Personal Licence Module C is desirable
- Experience working with laboratory rodents.
- Knowledge of breeding and maintenance of wild type and transgenic mice
- Experience conducting procedures such as taking genotyping samples and administration of injections is advantageous, but full training will be provided.
- Experience of working at Containment Level 3 is desirable
- IAT Level 2 Animal Technology or equivalent with a willingness to work towards IAT Level 3 in Animal Technology and Animal Husbandry
- Familiarity with IVC systems
- Knowledge of lab safety regulations, procedures and COSHH
- Willingness to undertake weekend and bank holiday working as part of a rota basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day care of transgenic and wild type rodents held in IVCs including general husbandry always ensuring the welfare of animals.
- Maintain breeding colonies in order to ensure adequate numbers of animals are produced with minimum surplus in order to meet user demands.
- Responsible for the weaning of all mice
- Issuing animals to researchers in response to requests and orders received, keeping meticulous records using existing database and other record keeping spreadsheets.
- Assist with experimental procedures as and when required by users.
- Responsible for ensuring all animal welfare concerns brought to the attention of the facility NACWO.
- Cage washing, bottle washing and preparation to a high standard, requiring the use of purpose-built machines.
- Support the manager in the training of new staff and users in animal husbandry duties and record keeping as and when required.
- General housekeeping duties within the facility including cleaning equipment, prep rooms, and floors in accordance with SOPS and Risk Assessments
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.