LOCATION: London SALARY: £25,000 – £35,000 REF: ALS 2641Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to join a team to provide technical execution and support of in vivo mouse models for retinal disease. The successful candidate will be required to work across two sites in central London conducting animal procedures and assisting with wet lab activities in the R&D department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Licensed Technician to develop their skills and gain more in-depth experience in scientific research. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Diploma in a science/biological subject
- PIL A-B is essential, module C is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with experimental procedures in mice, in particular
- Experience with basic molecular and cell biology techniques is desirable but not essential
- The ability to follow set procedures with a keen eye for detail and a genuine passion to work with animals and their welfare
- A flexible and cooperative approach with the ability to adapt to changing and work demands and a willingness to work in and travel to two different sites in Central London.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role will be split between 3 days in the animal facility carrying out experiments, and 2 days in the office/laboratory undertaking additional analysis on tissue samples and analysing experimental data
- Performing animal procedures assessing vision in mouse models of retinal disease on a weekly/daily basis depending on the individual project
- Procedures cover but are not limited to electroretinography, ocular imaging, and visual behavioural tests
- Drug administration including gavage, intraperitoneal, and intraocular delivery
- Maintenance of animal stocks involving management of breeding, collection of ear clips, and genotyping
- Tissue collection and processing for histological and molecular analysis
- Assist in the routine maintenance of procedure rooms and wet labs
- Arranging regular deliveries and shipments of samples and consumables between labs.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy, and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a complete and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.