Location: Cheshire Salary: £17,489 £22,017 Ref: ALS 2300Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to join a team to generate and maintain preclinical models of cancer. The successful applicant will also be required to work with a team to provide day-to-day animal husbandry and welfare.
- Home Office Licence modules 1-3 are essential
- BSc in biological sciences or relevant subject is desirable
- Previous experience carrying out routine scientific procedures in a laboratory setting
- Experience working with in vivo cancer models, or experience in cancer research and pharmacology is advantageous
- Attention to detail in all work and ability to maintain accurate records
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a Personal Licensee under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, conduct experimental procedures within the authorities of Project Licences held at the establishment
- Generate preclinical mouse models of cancer covering pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analyses of new anticancer drugs
- Liaise with licensees fully to understand the requirements of their licences and studies
- Carry out day-to-day husbandry and care and welfare observations for all animals within the facility
- Make observations, keep accurate records and capture data in writing or electronically, as required
- Keep up-to-date with developments in animal technology; recommend and develop novel procedures as required
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas as required
- Weekend and bank holiday cover will be required on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.