Location: UK & Ireland Salary: Competitive Ref: ARM 2420Apply Here
Agenda have been a leading name in the life science recruitment sector for over 20 years. During this time, our values and ethos have remained consistent. We aim to support the research industry by delivering excellence in staffing solutions whilst providing our employees with a great place to work.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Life Sciences Account Manager to join our commercial team. Within this role you’d be joining a successful and close-knit team and play a key role within the division. As a family run SME with strong values, we are focused on our people. Whilst some working practices may seem familiar, this is far from a typical sales role and offers a continued challenge.
The focus of the role will centre on driving new business development activities and key account management with biomedical research organisations across the UK & Ireland. In addition to an autonomy in your day to day, we can offer you a rewarding position where you can a make real impact and have a voice within both the Life Science division and the wider business.
What can you expect?
- A remote, field-based role with travel across the UK & Ireland
- Daily meetings with key personnel in research organisations across the biomedical research sector including: pharma, academia, biotech, CRO and government institutions
- A key objective of building/maintaining client relationships through a combination of new business development and account management approaches
- Creating of powerful and persuasive proposals and quotations, tailoring the offer to the client and dealing with any objections
- Representation of the company and services through attendance at key industry conferences, meetings, and seminars
- Close inter-departmental collaboration: working with the recruitment team to ensure high service delivery, with the marketing team to enhance/tailor our messaging and with the life science director to consistently monitor and develop our portfolio of services
- Active participation as a member of the wider commercial team through weekly sales reporting and monthly attendance in sales meetings.
What do you need?
- Demonstrable experience of success in B2B business development is essential
- BSc level qualifications (or equivalent) are preferred, particularly in a relatable scientific field
- Previous experience of working within the biomedical research industry
- A personable, client focused approach to sales with an ability to influence and advise key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually
- Operational understanding of a CRM system and experience of its incorporation into BD and business functions (forecasting, marketing, pre-sales activities).
- High level of organisational and presentation skills
- Minimum intermediate level with all Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Experienced in proposal and presentation creation with excellent written skills
What can we offer you?
- Autonomy in your day to day – we will trust you to manage your own pipeline and continue to develop your own business
- Additional support through the pr including a company, equipment (phone/laptop) and company credit card
- An opportunity to join a well-established family run SME with clear goals of being a Great Place to Work
- Annual continuous professional development opportunities through provision of a training bank account
- Regular company run social events
As this position requires daily travel to client sites across the UK, a full UK driving licence is required. Additionally, whilst the position is remote based, you will on occasion, be required to travel to our head office in East Yorkshire.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.