Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2196Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Mass Spectrometry Technical Specialist to provide expertise in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry to identify metabolites generated in studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of a BSc in a Chemistry related degree
- Experience in metabolite identification in a CRO or pharmaceutical company
- Proficient in use of High Resolution Mass Spectrometers e.g. Waters Vion, Thermo QExactive
- Knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions
- Experience in chromatographic method development
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills
- Previous experience of working in a GLP facility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non‑regulatory in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical, large molecule (biological) and environmental-fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager
- Responsible for the development of LC‑MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department
- Develop training materials and deliver training in area of specialism
- Lead process improvement and new service development projects
- Increase profile of the department externally by publishing papers/posters and participation in expert groups
- Work with Study Director/Analytical Project Manager on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions, as appropriate
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates/technical documents and contribute to report generation.
- Maintain and write SOPs, as required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.