LOCATION: Rushden SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2506Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Technical Specialist in Quantitative Mass Spectroscopy to use expertise in quantitative LC-MS/MS to develop, validate and troubleshoot methods for regulated bioanalysis and other areas of the department.
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related subject.
- Significant experience of regulated small and/or large molecule bioanalysis including method development and validation of LC-MS methods and trouble shooting in a CRO or Pharmaceutical company.
- Thorough understanding of regulated bioanalysis guidelines.
- Good knowledge of the development and validation of quantitative LC-MS methods.
- Experienced Study Director/ Analytical Project Manager in a GLP/GCP facility and experience of using quantitative Mass Spectrometers e.g., Sciex 5500 and 6500.
- Expert in the development of sample extraction and work-up methods including use of automation platforms (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex method development on large and small molecules and take responsibility for the conduct of experimental work required to successfully fulfil all the requirements of studies.
- Provide analytical trouble shooting support across the department as required.
- Train and mentor new Technician Specialists and other laboratory staff.
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding study progress.
- Identify new technologies, which could be of significant benefit to group, improving capability or reducing operational costs.
- Act as an interface with conduct service support provider for LC-MS/ MS, calling engineers and managing instrument breakdowns to ensure minimum instrument down-time.
- Manage and maintain instrument maintenance records, ensuring they comply with departmental SOP’s and are available at all times for QA or external auditor inspection.
- Prepare worksheets, study plans, and reports as required.
- As a recognised expert in Bioanalysis increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking, and publications.
- Prepare and maintain generic study plans, template reports, and cost builds. Track actual vs budgeted hours on assigned studies ensuring any necessary changes are made.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.