LOCATION: Remote, UK SALARY: Dependant on Experience REF: ALS 2627Apply Here
Our client is an established and rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company providing services globally within preclinical drug development and personalised medicine. They are currently seeking a Medical Affairs Manager to take responsibility for leading the tumour acquisition strategy globally, involving setting up and maintaining collaborations with key academic centres in the UK and Europe, key oncologists, and key cancer centre biobanks.
The main goal will be to support the development of the world’s largest living biobank of patient-derived cell (PDC) models. This biobank will then be used to support cancer research, finding new cures and cancer treatments with our clients around the world.
- Educated to PhD level
- Proven experience as an MSL or medical affairs director within the oncology therapy area is essential
- Solid understanding of drug development and life-cycle development of a product
- Ability to maintain relationships with thought leaders by demonstrating scientific expertise
- Understand customer needs to drive results and strive for continuous improvement
- Strong commercial acumen
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Pre-clinical drug development experience is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify key oncology centres, cancer biobanks and thought leaders and clients, build and maintain relationships with these contacts and act as their primary scientific contact in the UK and Europe
- Take a lead role in the management of relationships between KOLs & HCPs and other business functions
- Work in a cross functional manner with stakeholders to enable patients to access the clients personalised oncology test
- Deliver scientific data and medical education programs to your KOL & HCP network
- Identify, coordinate, evaluate and monitor investigator sponsored studies to support the clinical strategy
- Partner with commercial and clinical colleagues to support the development of new products, capabilities, and services
- Develop and manage timelines for the publications of investigator sponsored studies
- Work with key advocates to act as speakers to support the company’s products and services
- Represent the company at high profile oncology conferences
- Keep abreast of scientific developments through conference attendance and the review of industry literature within the oncology field
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy, and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a complete and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.