LOCATION: Cambridge SALARY: £30,000 – £45,000 REF: ALS 2579Apply Here
Our client, a global clinical-stage biotechnology company, committed to developing novel vaccines and biologic therapeutic candidates for infectious diseases as well as cancer and autoimmune diseases, are looking to recruit an ambitious lab based molecular biologist.
Part of the antibody discovery team, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out high throughput sequencing work for antibody discovery pipeline.
- MSc or above in Life Sciences with an interest in antibody discovery or immunology.
- Extensive experience in single cell PCR, NGS library generation and sequencing.
- Experience with microfluidic techniques is desirable.
- Scientific knowledge of B cell development and antibody maturation is essential.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot molecular biology and NGS related issues.
- Good data recording, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude, good team player.
- Work flexibly to support others and deliver on team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be involved in the antibody discovery R&D team to develop cutting edge technologies for high throughput sequencing.
- Carry out routine molecular biology work such as PCR, qPCR, cloning, NGS library preparation and sequencing.
- Operate NGS platforms, such as Illumina sequencer and Genomics instruments.
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 10% Target bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.