Location: Hull Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 Ref: ARM 2461Apply Here
Agenda have been a leading name in the life science recruitment sector for over twenty years. During this time, our values and ethos have remained consistent. We aim to support the research industry by delivering excellence in staffing solutions whilst providing our employees with a great place to work.
We have a permanent opportunity for an experienced recruitment consultant to join our permanent recruitment team. Within this role you’d be joining a successful and close-knit team and play a lead role within the division. As a family-run SME with strong values, we are focused on our people. Whilst we may share some working practices, this is far from a typical ‘high street’ recruitment role/organisation.
In addition to autonomy in your day-to-day, we can offer you a challenging and rewarding position, where you can a make real impact and have a voice within both the division and the wider business.
What can you expect?
- The role of a lead consultant within the recruitment team
- Business development work to broaden our reach with new clients
- Account management of key clients and relationship management
- Permanent recruitment covering a broad range of disciplines found within life sciences, including direct scientific, engineering, HR, researchers, marketing, operations, quality and sales
- End-to-end recruitment campaign management – Sourcing, selection, interview preparation, salary negotiation and screening
- Deputise for Recruitment Manager
- Supervision and training of colleagues
- Collaborative work with our marketing team to consistently develop and evolve the division’s marketing materials and support new campaigns.
- Telephone/video interviews with applicants
- Contribution to scientific blogs for use on our website and within industry newsletters
- Where required, represent the organisation at careers fairs and life science industry trade events
What do you need?
- Demonstrable experience of success in permanent recruitment is essential
- Experience and/or understanding of the life science/pharma sector would be advantageous, but is not essential if you’re scientifically minded and ready to learn!
- Previous campaign management experience is essential
- Experience in supervising/training/mentoring and providing support to management is beneficial
- Strong communication skills – able to work effectively with both clients and candidates in person, over the phone and by e-mail
- Strong candidate sourcing skills are essential – BOOLEAN searches using various online cv databases
- Familiarity with sourcing and networking on LinkedIn is essential
What can we offer you?
- A unique and people-focused recruitment role that is far from ‘an agency recruiter’ position
- Structured internal progression and development
- Autonomy in your day to day – we will trust you to manage your own pipeline and continue to develop your own business
- An opportunity to join a well-established family-run SME with clear goals of being a great place to work
- Annual continuous professional development opportunities through provision of a training bank account
- Regular company run social events
Although there may be some remote working from home in light of the current climate, initial training and your position in the long term will be based in the office. As we are located rurally in East Yorkshire and are not close to any public transport links, a driving licence and your own vehicle are essential.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.