LOCATION: Cheshire SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2497Apply Here
Our client, a global leader in drug discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs, provides bespoke anti-infective drug discovery and development services for a wide range of diseases and life-threatening infections arising from bacteria, fungi and viruses including multi-drug resistant organisms.
Being part of the dynamic, high-performing and friendly Anti-Infectives team, you would be participating in the inception, design and delivery of pre-clinical studies in infectious diseases.
- Deeply experienced in vitro or in vivo scientist with expertise preferably in infectious disease therapeutic area
- Direct experience of working in pharmacology, including PK/PD relationships
- Experience of working in a CRO environment or in industry
- PhD in a life sciences discipline with relevant focus OR equivalent relevant industrial or academic experience is expected
- Experience working at containment level 2
- Experience working with bacteria, funghi or viruses is highly desirable
- Additional experience with peptide and biologic drugs would be advantageous.
- Proven project leadership skills
- Familiarity with small molecule drug discovery and development is expected
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with cross-site and cross-discipline activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a portfolio of fast-moving studies and projects.
- Ability to work with and guide a closely interacting team to deliver to tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including remote interactions, as well as good organisational and time management abilities.
- Comfortable with external interactions with clients and prospective clients.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent standards of data capture and analysis as well as written and oral presentation skills.
- Highly adaptive problem solver, with strong ability to implement new ideas and technologies.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving high growth environment.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player with a positive ‘go the extra mile’ outlook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership of client and internal projects through planning, execution and reporting phases with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Be an active partner with Discovery teams to enable thoughtful and efficient identification and optimisation of drug candidates through integration of in silico, in vitro and in vivo approaches to impact program decisions
- Quality control of data, preparation of formal reports for clients, and presentation of data at conferences and to customers.
- Assist business development activities through technical presentations and discussions with clients/potential clients, proposal drafting and costing
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.