Location: Cheshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2483Apply Here
On behalf of our client, a global leader in drug discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs, we are looking for a Principal or Associate Principal Scientist to join the Physical Chemistry team.
They will have a passion and aptitude to drive innovation and implement changes within the team and be a strong supporter of integrating the latest science and technology into the team’s workflows. In return, there is a fascinating variety of work at the cutting edge of science.
- Excellent knowledge of physical chemistry/DMPK assays, data interpretation and their relation to the drug discovery process.
- Expertise in designing, validating, conducting and troubleshooting in vitro physio-chemical assays.
- Significant experience of leading and mentoring a team of scientists.
- Track record in performing influential scientific research and integrated new technologies that have improved in vitro assays.
- PhD in Physical Chemistry/Drug Metabolism (or a related field) or a BSc/MSc plus extensive relevant experience.
- Highly self-motivated and personable.
- Ability to build strong relations with collaborators and clients (internal and external).
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Handles change in a positive and constructive way, with a talent for developing creative solutions to situations.
- Thinks through and actions decisions, goals and priorities which improve services.
- Able to move forward and sustain high levels of effort/energy despite setbacks.
- Sets high personal standards and inspires a sense of direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the delivery of high-quality standard assays, custom assays and R&D work performed by the team.
- Responsible for coaching, mentoring and line management of members of the team.
- Responsible for supporting the Team Leader and actively contributing to the team’s operations strategy and R&D strategy.
- To be a point of contact both operationally and scientifically for Team Leaders, Heads of Function, Business Development colleagues and Study Managers responding to client requests/questions.
- Continuous improvement champion within the team, coordinating large and small-scale projects.
- Responsible for technical and scientific support to business development and project management groups for new and on-going work.
- Responsible for leading scientific advances and the implementation of new technology to deliver new and innovated Physical Chemistry services to clients.
- To keep up to date with scientific literature advances, developments and regulatory guidelines in the area of physical chemistry/DMPK.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.