LOCATION: Gosport SALARY: Negotiable REF: ALS 2635Apply Here
We have a wonderful new role for an experienced Project Licence Holder/ In Vivo Manager to join our clients GMP-compliant toxicology laboratory team. The successful candidate will be required to coordinate activities on multiple studies, preform work in a timely manner while assisting the team and help train staff.
- BSc degree in Animal Science or similar field is essential
- IAT qualification, or degree in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Home Office Licence modules 1-4 are essential, module 5 is advantageous
- Scientific data interpretation, reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of A(SP)A
- Experience and working knowledge of complex animal management software
- A good understanding of managing samples through the Booking Reporting System and to book in samples received in Toxicology.
- Have the ability to manage the team; train staff in their section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise the day to day running of the unit, including management of work and staff.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the methods supplied, in order to gain accurate results
- Communicate with the Laboratory Manager/ Business Manager to inform them of any concerns, the status of work, and situations which may lead to potential delays.
- Undertake advanced technical procedures
- Make sure all data is collated, reviewed, and approved for laboratory records for the preparation of reports and for compliance within quality procedures
- Prepare protocols, reports and other standard laboratory documentation in compliance with company procedures.
- Problem solving for all work that is undertaken, applying acquired expertise to analyse and solve problems including those without clear precedent. Identify root cause and appropriate actions, contributing ideas and suggestions to improve current process.
- To communicate with customers and take ownership to ensure that the customers’ requirements are met on time and quality.
- To ensure that work is undertaken within budgetary constraints and to pursue efficient working practices.
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development and catalogue experience and CPD in training records.
- To work in compliance with The Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1989 A(SP)A, GLP, GMP and the policies and procedures of HRL Quality System.
- Manage a team of In Vivo scientists including assisting with project licences and studies.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy, and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a complete and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.