Location: Cambridge Salary: Competitive with annual bonus scheme and company benefits package Ref: ALS 2402Apply Here
This post is being advertised by Agenda Life Sciences on behalf of RxCelerate.
The RxCelerate group is an out-sourced drug development platform and is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. We are currently looking to recruit an Animals in Science Project Licence Portfolio Manager to oversee and facilitate the management of RxCelerate’s Personal Procedure Licences (PPLs) and to support other PPL holders within the organisation. This role sits within the preclinical biology division, which is a growing team of scientists with differing and complementary levels of expertise in many different in vivo techniques and clinical disease areas. Our in vivo scientists specialise in working with clients to develop bespoke preclinical animal models that are fit for purpose, translate to the human clinical disease and that answer specific research objectives.
At present RxCelerate have two service PPLs, which focus on diseases with an inflammatory component and bleeding disorders respectively. Each PPL has a diverse range of supporting protocols spanning many techniques and procedures. However, as we expand and our research areas diversify and grow it has become apparent that we now need to establish a portfolio of licences. The Project Licence Portfolio Manager is expected to oversee RxCelerate’s group of PPLs, and in collaboration with in vivo Scientists amend, write new and renew current PPLs as required. The post holder is expected to be fully conversant in the Home Office guidance on how to carry out scientific research and testing using animals and how to apply for a licence using ASPeL. Ideally, they will have held a PPL previously and been part of an ethical review process. The candidate is expected to be a methodical worker with keen attention to detail and have the ability to translate their understanding of the drug discovery process for a broad range of disease areas into working project licences. Since RxCelerate offers a dynamic and exciting working environment this role will provide variety in the projects undertaken, as part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary company.
- Be custodian of all PPLs held at RxCelerate.
- Oversee and work closely with other PPL holders to ensure compliance.
- Chair the internal Project Support Team and take responsibility to amend, renew and write new PPLs as required, whilst adhering to deadlines.
- Keep up to date with current Home Office guidance and Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act (ASPA) on how to carry out scientific research and testing using animals and disseminate information to others.
- Uphold the principles of the 3Rs in everything we do.
- In collaboration with the Preclinical Director and Preclinical Team Managers, maintain awareness of all experimental work carried out.
- Proactively identify and collate information on potential animal models and any refinements for those currently in use.
- Manage the completion of retrospective reviews and Home Office returns and any other regulatory requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in adhering to, Home Office guidance and ASPA on the use of animals in scientific research.
- Extensive practical experience in writing and applying for PPLs (or the equivalent).
- Knowledge of PPL standard conditions.
- Knowledge of PIL standard conditions.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- High ethical standards with experience of applying the 3Rs.
- Good understanding of the ethical review process.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- An active or recently revoked Home Office PIL.
- Hands-on experience of working with animal models of clinical disease.
- Previously held a PPL.
This role based in Cambridge and is offered as full or part-time to suit the candidate. RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefits package.