Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2353Apply Here
Agenda are working as a recruitment partner to a global R&D service provider to the life science and biotechnology sector. Due to consistent success and plans for future growth, opportunities have arisen to join the business’ QMS group and become a real subject matter expert. In addition to a competitive salary, this company has an extensive array of benefits on offer as part of their employee focused approach. With further growth and investment scheduled, this is a great time to join an established business with exciting plans for the future.
In considering this requirement, this organisation is interested in speaking with applicants across all levels of experience. There is scope for training to be provided for PhD graduates with demonstrable experience with small molecule LC-MS expertise. For Senior level applicants there are also opportunities to join the business and be integral in the advancement of the company’s services through coaching/mentoring of staff, work with clients and taking a lead role in the development of the services offered.
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry or related subject
- Experience of regulated small molecule bioanalysis including method development and validation of LC-MS methods and troubleshooting in a CRO or Pharmaceutical company
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (HPLC/TLC/LC-MS) and in the development and validation of quantitative LC-MS methods
- Experienced user of quantitative Mass Spectrometers e.g. Sciex 5500 and 6500
- Experience of large molecule Bioanalysis – this is only essential for senior level, more desirable for Technical level
- Understanding of the drug development process
- Previous experience as a Study Director/Analytical Project Manager in a GLP/GCP facility
- Proficient in the use of relevant software e.g. Analyst and Watson
- Proficient in the development of sample extraction and work-up methods including the use of automation platforms e.g. Hamilton, Tecan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform method development/validation on large and small molecules.
- Provide analytical trouble shooting support across the department, as required.
- Train and mentor less experienced staff in method development and operation of mass spectrometers.
- Take full responsibility for the conduct of experimental work required to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan.
- Maintain and write SOPs, as required
- Lead process improvement and new service development projects in specialist area
Additional duties for Senior Specialist:
- Mentor new Technical Specialists and other senior laboratory staff
- Review data obtained and prepare study updates and study data for discussion internally and for communication to the client.
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding study progress and address client comments.
- Identify new technologies, which could be of significant benefit to the group, improving capability or reducing operational costs.
- Act as an interface with contract service support provider for LC-MS/MS, calling engineers and managing instrument breakdowns to ensure minimum instrument down-time.
- Hold equipment/software/ lab space responsibilities on behalf of their team.
- As a recognised expert in Bioanalysis increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking and publications
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.