LOCATION: Nottingham SALARY: £20,000 – £26,000 REF: ALS 2539Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join their expanding pharmacology team, with a focus on kidney diseases. The ideal candidate will have some practical laboratory experience and willingness to learn in vivo and in vitro techniques.
- BSc degree in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Ability to develop novel assays from first principles and interpret complex biological datasets.
- Good lab-based skills with emphasis on ELISA.
- Experience in drug discovery is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to execute projects to tight timelines with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing common laboratory reagents.
- Performing in vitro assays such as ELISA, qPCR, and gene expression.
- Preparing worksheets, drug information sheets and any sampling consumables on in vivo and in vitro studies.
- Record data using laboratory information management systems.
- Responsible for the day-to-day hands on running of in-life studies
- Performing in vivo techniques.
- Work weekends and holidays on rotating basis.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.