Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 Ref: ALS 2320Apply Here
Our client, a non-profit British genomics and genetics research institute, are looking to recruit a Research Assistant to join their team and participate withing their Molecular Biology and Genotype studies.
This role will be offered on a temporary contract starting immediately and will last for 4 months in the initial instance although there may be potential for this to be extended.
- BSc in Biological Science discipline
- Significant graduate experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience with qPCR, and short-range PCR
- Understanding of bioinformatics and genome sequence
- Understanding of databases and data analysis skills are desirable
- Familiar with standard computer software programs for molecular biology applications
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with a range of molecular biology based techniques including qPCR, short-range PCR, cloning, DNA extraction and enzyme analysis to facilitate the generation and validation targeting constructs and RNA reagents
- Molecular biology work in collaboration with research groups to determine gene expression, protein expression or other assays as required
- Determine the genotypes of mice using a variety of methods
- Write and maintain both manual and computer records of procedures undertaken such that work can subsequently be followed up, reported or interrogated in order to identify errors/faults for troubleshooting
- Identify and implement improvements in protocols and procedures needed to optimise
- Maintain laboratory equipment, both simple cleaning and low maintenance, reporting any faults to the manager so they may be rectified quickly
- Contribute to the overall running of the laboratory, including consumable inventory and ordering
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.