Location: Cambridge Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2480Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced ion channel electrophysiologist with a passion for drug discovery research and the ability to operate in a fast-moving commercial environment.
- PhD with further significant experience in laboratory research. OR BSc/MSc with much deeper research experience
- Industrial experience or considerable industrial exposure is essential
- Excellent experience in conventional or automated patch clamp electrophysiology
- Demonstrable experience in ion channel biophysics and pharmacology
- Experience with leading scientific research teams, developing and implementing experimental research plans with an innovative approach to assays and screening prosecution
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organisational and written/ oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment, with a willingness to adopt and champion company values.
- Line Management experience highly desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team to plan, execute and deliver customer research contracts to high quality standards.
- Supporting the Head of Client Services, coordinating and leading a team and assisting in client interaction
- Provision of technical expertise and mentoring of junior laboratory staff to facilitate hands-on electrophysiology experiments for client research programmes
- Creation of study protocols, writing and reviewing reports.
- Presentation of results at team and client meetings and providing recommendations for future strategy.
- Monitoring new scientific technologies and developments for potential adoption in client research programmes.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.