Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2476Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Research Scientist who will conduct pre-clinical/clinical dermal penetration studies within the ADME field of science, within a GLP-accredited laboratory.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry , Biomedical Sciences or related subject
- Significant experience working in analytical, biochemistry or similar laboratory
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (HPLC/TLC/LC-MS)
- Understanding of Metabolism studies and the drug/agrochemical development process
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational and scheduling skills
- Time management and prioritisation
- Problem solving
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- A willingness to be flexible in working hours
- Experience of performing pre-clinical or clinical in vitro or in vivo dermal penetration and/or large molecule ADME studies
- Experience of working to GLP
- Experience of working with radioactivity (14C /3H)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study conduct and/or management of dermatology penetration studies within ADME arena
- Calculate and QC check data.
- Review and prepare data and study updates for internal discussion/communication to clients
- Prepare amendments, file notes and deviations as required.
- Prepare/contribute to study plans and reports
- Take on wider departmental responsibilities over time, to include equipment validation, software validation and management, SOP ownership.
- Supervise, mentor and/or train more junior members of staff in laboratory procedures and study conduct.
- Study Direct appropriate projects, with mentoring from a senior colleague.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.