LOCATION: Northamptonshire SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2500Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Research Scientist to perform laboratory tasks on pre-clinical and clinical metabolism studies. The metabolism team provides solutions in characterising a drug candidate’s ADME properties, kinetics, bioavailability, and safety.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, or related subject.
- Previous experience working in analytical, bioanalytical, biochemistry or similar laboratory.
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques, such as HPLC/TLC/LC-MS.
- An understanding of metabolism studies is desirable.
- Experience of working to GLP.
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work.
- Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives.
- Flexible to amend working pattern to meet study requirements, including on occasions early starts, long days, or weekend working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the roles and responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician, demonstrating a high level of competence in performing established analytical procedures and general laboratory tasks.
- Support other members of staff in their work as appropriate or as directed.
- Prepare samples for quantification, chromatography, or other analysis.
- Perform more complex experimental techniques e.g. dose preparation and assessment, dose administration/application, HPLC set up and analysis, as required.
- Prepare dose theory calculations
- Calculate and QC check data for review by relevant Study Director
- Prepare experimental worksheets
- QRA data completion (check for repeat analysis as appropriate)
- Prepare study updates and study data for communication to the client and inclusion into reports.
- Over time act as a Study Supervisor on assigned studies, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner to an agreed level of quality, to include:
- Supervise laboratory technicians on assigned studies
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.