LOCATION: Cambridge SALARY: £30,000 – £45,000 REF: ALS 2578Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we have a new opportunity within a global biopharmaceutical company, which is committed to developing novel antibodies and biologics for infectious diseases, cancer and autoimmune diseases.
We are looking for an expert protein biochemist to support drug projects in these therapeutic areas, with extensive industrial, laboratory-based experience in antibody discovery research.
- Significant industrial experience within the antibody discovery field.
- BSc or higher qualification in life sciences.
- Essential extensive experience in monospecific and bispecific antibody expression, purification and characterization.
- Experience of mammalian expression for antibodies and other protein targets over a range of cell lines.
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles, theories and techniques used in cloning, expression and purification of proteins and antibodies to support drug discovery.
- Experience of routine molecular biology and cell biology methods.
- Experience of protein targets and antibody expression, purification and characterization using automated liquid chromatography, AKTA, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, Octect etc.
- Extensive experience in leading and troubleshooting biologics development strategies.
- Good data recording, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and a team-oriented, self-motivated attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering, protein/antibody expression and purification to support the development of biologic targets.
- High throughput generation of recombinant expression vectors for protein/antibody expression.
- Expression of recombinant proteins/antibodies using mammalian expression systems, purification and characterisation.
- Responsible for the engineering, production and characterization of various antibody formats (monospecific, bispecific etc).
- Provide solid data to support therapeutic antibody discovery project.
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 10% target bonus
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.