LOCATION: London SALARY: £29,802 – £34,867 REF: ALS 2591Apply Here
Our client are looking to recruit a Research Support Technician to oversee breeding programmes, husbandry, and monitoring of laboratory animals. The successful candidate will be required to perform regulated and non-regulated procedures and assist in the planning of studies.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 27th January.
- Home Office Personal Licence and experience performing procedures is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and EU Directive.
- A commitment to the highest standards of animal welfare.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to acquire and learn new skills and ways of working.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and responsibilities.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently perform and accurately record a range of regulated and non-regulated procedures individually and as part of the study team.
- General husbandry and maintenance of transgenic mouse breeding programmes within the facility.
- Assist in the planning and design of studies, in addition to daily preparation for individual experiments including relevant documentation.
- Contribute to in-house training of staff in procedural techniques and provide support for in-house training courses.
- Have a working knowledge of project licences, including severity conditions, adverse effects, and humane end points.
- Maintain up to date data entry of stock, breeding, and study data and costings.
To apply for this role, please follow the link below and click on ‘Apply Now’:
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.