Location: Remote, UK Salary: Up to £35k + commission Ref: ALS 2469Apply Here
Agenda are working in partnership with a leading global organisation with specialist portfolio areas including oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease drug discovery. In what was adverse global conditions for businesses in 2020, this organisation have experienced continued growth and are experiencing continued success.
The role of Account Manager supports a matrix of team members, including Executive Directors, Business Development team members, Scientific and Sales Operations to help close opportunities and coordinate business activities.
This position requires remote working from home permanently, location is flexible. Whilst regular weekly travel is not required, there will be some occasion in which business travel is needed.
- BSc degree in relevant life science subject is required, within cancer studies would be ideal
- Exposure to commercial environments selling non-clinical services is preferred
- Hands on knowledge of cancer research fields would be strongly advantageous
- Good at identifying problems and issues; able to creatively resolve different challenges.
- Strong organisational ability
- Proactive self-starter, with ability to work on own initiative and think out of the box
- Ambitious, driven, passionate and self-motivated team player
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting all stages of the sales cycle, helping to generate a sustainable pipeline of sales to meet annual growth targets in region
- Support the business development team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Continually build and grow a robust sales pipeline with new lead generation/hunting activities, networking and account support
- Develop and cultivate relationships with existing customer accounts to ensure repeat and expanded business
- Participate in conference, networking, and tradeshow events as appropriate
- Recognise sales barriers and help to develop methods to overcome them
- Assist with contract and budget negotiations
- Assist with client requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposal (RFPs), and proposal generation
- Work with procurement platforms such as Scientist.com
- Provide vacation and business travel cover for BD team members, working hands-on with clients to respond to requests and develop tailored proposals in dialogue with scientific team
- Support the training of new business development team members
- Organise, document and follow up client calls and face-to-face meetings
- Develop client profiles, account plans/status reports, and support long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Analyse data and develop reports in Salesforce
- Ensure customer satisfaction
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.