Location: Cheshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2484Apply Here
Our client, a global leader in drug discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs, provides bespoke anti-infective drug discovery and development services for a wide range of diseases and life-threatening infections arising from bacteria, fungi and viruses including multi-drug resistant organisms.
Being part of the dynamic, high-performing and friendly Anti-Infectives team, you would be participating in the design and delivery of pre-clinical studies in infectious disease and DMPK areas.
- Experienced in vivo scientist with current UK Home Office Personal Licence
- Direct experience of working with in vivo models of bacterial, fungal or viral diseases
OR direct experience of working with in vivo DMPK models, including performing surgical preparations
- Proven project delivery skills, familiarity with small molecule drug discovery and development is expected
- Additional experience with peptide and biologic drugs would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in vivo studies to challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work on fast moving studies and projects.
- PhD in a life sciences discipline with relevant focus OR equivalent relevant industrial or academic experience is expected
- Experience of working in a CRO environment would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player with a positive ‘go the extra mile’ outlook.
- Ability to work with a closely interacting team to deliver to tight timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including remote interactions, as well as good organizational and time management abilities.
- Comfortable with external interactions with clients and prospective clients.
- High attention to detail and excellent standards of data capture and analysis as well as written and oral presentation skills.
- Flexible approach, with ability to implement new ideas and technologies.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of client and internal projects through planning, execution and reporting phases with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Be an active partner with Discovery teams to enable the identification and optimization of drug candidates through delivery of thoughtful in vivo approaches to impact program decisions.
- Quality control of data, preparation of formal reports for clients, and presentation of data at conferences and to customers.
- In vivo model delivery, refinement, development and validation.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.