Location: Manchester Salary: £24,776 – £41,536 Ref: ALS 2301Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Animal Technician to coordinate the day to day work of a Transgenic breeding team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and training staff in experimental procedures and routine tasks as required.
- Biological sciences degree, or equivalent experience
- Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- Thorough understanding of transgenic technology and breeding
- Experience in training other members of staff to carry out routine tasks and experimental procedures
- NACWO training is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively supervising staff on a daily basis, taking final decisions as appropriate
- Coordinate activities within the unit, managing staff workload and ensuring that standards are maintained
- Undertake line management responsibilities, as requested by the manager
- Conduct surgical and non-surgical procedures within the authorities of the Project Licences
- Assist the named persons in carrying out duties outlined by the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986, notifying personal licence holders and making arrangements for the care of animals as necessary
- Making observations, keeping accurate records and inputting data as required
- Keep up to date with developments in relevant animal technology, recommend and implement new novel procedures as required
- May be required to deputise for the Unit Manager as an when required
- Commit to the rota for weekend and Bank Holiday cover for the unit
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.