Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £27,030 – £32,707 Ref: ALS 2295Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Animal Technician to join a team in a state of the art animal facility who are passionate about understanding the role of genetics in health and disease. The successful candidate will be responsible for a small team of technicians and will be expected to tackle various projects to support the research facility.
This is a fixed-term position as the facility is due to close in 2021-2022. Full employee benefits, bonuses, and retention payments are available for all members of staff.
- IAT Level 3 or equivalent
- Home Office Licence modules 1-3
- Extensive experience working with rodents
- Supervisory experience is essential
- Awareness of ASPA and the 3R’s
- Experience as, or willingness to train for NACWO
- Confident decision maker
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision and mentorship of a small team of technicians
- Ensure optimum standards of husbandry and welfare care for the animals in the facility, including organising the distribution of tasks
- Provide hands on training and skills assessment for a wide range of techniques and procedures
- Oversee breeding colonies
- Receiving and implementing instructions from facility users regarding their colonies and regularly interacting with users to provide updates
- Promote high standards of husbandry among staff and champion a culture of care amongst both scientific and husbandry staff
- Maintain accurate and details records to enable data to be collated as required
- Constantly re-evaluate processes and procedures, and provide corrective action to problems
- Participate in the weekend and bank holiday rota, and occasionally work outside normal hours to fit with user requests.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.