Location: Portishead Salary: £25,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience Ref: ALS 2408Apply Here
Our client, a contract research organisation providing state of the art cell biology and pharmacology support to a range of global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, are looking to recruit a Senior Technician to be a part of their dynamic and flexible team. The successful candidate will be required to conduct a range of in vivo efficacy models as well as developing new in vivo models.
- Hold Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- Previous experience performing husbandry and regulated procedures with laboratory rodents
- Experience administering substances by a variety of routes such as intranasal, intragastric, intraperitoneal, intravenous, topical and intramuscular
- Experience of blood sampling and dissection of small rodents
- Previous training experience is advantageous
- Flexible attitude to working hours and able to contribute to weekend and out of hours work on a rota basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing a high level of animal care at all times, ensuring that the animal’s welfare is a priority throughout the process.
- Drug administration to rodents by a variety of routes
- Blood sampling and dissections
- Carrying out schedule 1 and administering anaesthesia to small rodents
- Performing surgical techniques as required, in adherence to the strictest regulations
- Work closely with scientists and managers on projects to ensure models are viable
- Promote high standards of welfare among staff and champion a culture of care amongst both scientific and husbandry staff
- Keep up to date with developments in animal technology; recommend and develop novel procedures as required
- Maintaining accurate records and a high standard of report writing
- Additional laboratory techniques as required
- Contribute to the weekend and out of hours work on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.