Location: Berkshire Salary: 33,000 – 38,000 Ref: ALS 2373Apply Here
Agenda is working in partnership with an established agrochemical organisation seeking a Senior Formulation Scientist/Chemist to join their growing team.
The company recognises that their employees drive their success and you can expect a range of benefits and a structured career ladder, with genuine continuous professional development opportunities.
This position is a hands-on project-driven role, where practical skills are a priority, as well as a scientific understanding of biocontrols and a biological chemistry background.
It requires strong core knowledge in biochemistry and microbiology, with formulation and analytical skills in addition to physical chemistry skills, for the development of novel formulations and technologies for RNAi and microbial products.
- Independent project work as part of an experienced team
- Planning and conducting experimental work programmes
- Preparation and characterisation of formulations for RNAi and microbial products
- Opportunities for patent reviews, product development and innovation
- Opportunities to scale up discoveries and support field trial activities
- Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Food Science, Pharmacology or similar subject
- Several years’ experience in formulation of biomolecules such as peptides, enzymes, RNAi or microbial products, preferably industrial
- An understanding of physical chemistry and colloidal science
- PhD preferred, in biotechnology, applied microbiology or biochemistry, bioengineering, food engineering, pharmacology or related discipline
- A recent PhD would be considered only if thesis directly relevant to biocontrol formulation
- Independent working experience in a microbial, biochemistry or chemical laboratory environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Good organisational skills
- Problem-solver who is scientifically curious
- Great attention to detail
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.