Location: Berkshire Salary: 33,000 – 38,000 Ref: ALS 2373Apply Here
Agenda are working in partnership with an established agrochemical organisation seeking a Senior Formulation Chemist to join their growing team. In addition to offering a hands-on project driven role, this organisation recognise that their employees are what drives their success. You can expect a range of employee benefits and a structured career ladder comprising of genuine continuous professional development opportunities.
This position will require of strong core knowledge of biochemistry and microbiology, in addition to physical chemistry skills. A hands on approach and practical skills are a top priority as you can expect to receive a project brief which you’ll take away and work either independently or in collaboration with a colleague. As you be required to plan and conduct experimental work programmes, previous formulation experience in a biological/chemistry focused setting is required. This type of work also lends itself well to those who have genuine scientific curiosity and an ability to solve technical problems. There’ll be opportunities for patent reviews, product development and innovation/ Further down the line, it’s possible that there may be opportunities for you to scale up your research in support of trial activities.
- Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, food science, pharmacology or similar related scientific subject in addition to demonstrable experience.
- PhD in biotechnology, applied microbiology or biochemistry, bioengineering, food engineering pharmacology or related discipline would be preferred.
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Prior formulation experience in biomolecules such as peptides, enzymes, RNAi or microbial products
- Experience working independently and safely in a chemical or preferably, microbial or biochemistry lab environment
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.