Location: Bristol Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2465Apply Here
Our client, a world leader in drug discovery and development, is looking for two Senior Scientists across Immunopharmacology and also Infection Pharmacology, with focus on project management and coordination.
- Post-Doc or long-term in vivo expertise/background in immunopharmacology, inflammation or infectious diseases
- Proficient in study design, data collection, statistical analysis, interpretation, reporting and presentation of results to different audiences
- Experience of in vivo immunology or infection models, for example EAE, EAU, SLE, colitis, psoriasis, or influenza, bacterial sepsis, lung, wound and gut infections, is highly desirable
- Experience in procedural work, such as dosing, blood and tissue sampling, compound formulation, working within defined SOPs
- Good experience with Graphpad, manager software, PubMed usage and MS Office suite
- Holds a Home Office Personal Licence, with a passion for animal welfare
- Excellent under pressure, in a fast-paced, multitasking, deadline-orientated environment
Detail-orientated with optimal written and oral communication skills
Has the ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead/coordinate research projects within the in vivo pharmacology team, functioning as study lead, monitoring from project design through to archiving
- Involved in client discussions and organising project meetings, helping to advise on models and programme design
- Support scheduling, workflow and execution of studies, including technical support as required, supervising and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Deliver exceptional scientific quality, leading on requirements and responsibility for project timelines
- Take a leading role to ensure the group remains up to date on areas of development and in the marketing of the latest pharmacology material
- Frequent liaison and open communications across teams and internal stakeholders
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.