Location: Leicestershire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2330Apply Here
Our client, a world leading institute working towards challenges in oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease drug discovery, are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to manage in vivo studies and support the Study Director team for oncology studies.
- Degree, PhD or equivalent long-term expertise in Life Sciences, with proven experience in drug discovery or translational research within industry
- Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- Small animal surgical experience, eg cell inoculation/orthotopic seeding/stereotaxic
- Good experience leading a team and training staff in procedures
- Experience with in vivo oncology models preferred
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Prior experience in holding a project licence is desirable but not essential
- Full driving licence and own transport is essential due to client location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical procedures including dosing and surgical techniques
- Provide leadership, support and ongoing development to junior staff
- Support the Study Director team and manage a small number of projects if needed
- Contribute to and manage streamlining of processes to ensure efficiency
- Investigate non-conformances and implementing remedial actions
- Assist with the management and expansion of the company’s project licences and ensure that the in vivo lab operates within all relevant regulations
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.